Friday, November 5, 2010

Cub Scout Activity - Jordan Adventure Camp

Today Andrew received his Bobcat badge - the first badge in Cub Scouts. Among other things, he had to recite the Cub Scout oath, promise, and motto to earn this badge.

This is the Cub Scout Pack here in Amman. There are about 35 boys between the four groups (Tigers, Wolfs, Bears, and Webelos). I am the leader of the Wolf Den - Andrew's group.


Andrew has come a long way towards overcoming his fear of heights. A few years ago, he would not let his feet leave the ground. I was proud of Andrew - he participated in all the activities.

Andrew getting some coaching before starting the zip line.

Andrew practicing in the in-door archery range. There was also a rifle range, bike-riding course, orienteering range, and ropes course.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Dude!! How is he already in scouts?I would love to get SEth in early, but he's not 8 til March. And I bet you guys can do some sweet badges where you are!

patty said...

No way! I am the wolf den leader too! We'll have to swap ideas sometime. I have 7 boys now and will have 12 by March. They are a wild bunch but it is cute how excited they are about it all. Looks like you do fun stuff!