Thursday, November 18, 2010

Outdoors for the Day

On Wednesday, Shelley and I took the kids to Dibeen Forest, a national reserve about one hour from our house.

I had wanted to take the kids camping; however, we decided to leave behind the tent, sleeping bags, flashlights, and other gear. Instead, we enjoyed a fun day outdoors and then returned to our house and spent the night in our comfortable beds.

Part of ensuring that my kids maintain their identity as Americans is to make sure they know and love smores. So, as part of this indoctrination, the kids and I built a fire, roasted marshmallows, assembled the treats, and then cleaned off our sticky fingers after eating several smores.

Amman is not a bike-friendly city and there are not many places to use our bikes. So, the kids had a fun time riding and racing their bikes on the dirt roads. As you can see, Colin has outgrown his bike and is ready to inherit Andrew's bike once Andrew is ready to upgrade.

Sitting pretty.

1 comment:

patty said...

That looks like fun. I bet you felt like you were in some sort of jungle/rainforest with all those trees.