Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

Yesterday I went trick-o-treating with the kids while Shelley stayed back to pass out candies to the neighborhood kids. Our neighborhood is the Halloween jackpot. We knocked doors on only three streets and came home with a bounty.

My queue for returning home was when the kids kept complaining that their bags were too heavy. In fact, at one point, Colin asked that since I refused to carry his bag, we could switch places. He would stay with the adults on the curb side and I could go up to the door and get candy for him.

When we arrived home, the kids emptied their bags onto the kitchen table. They were giddy with the amount of candy they received. Shelley and I were also excited as we looked over their shoulders and called dibs on the candies we wanted.

This year Shelley offered the kids the option of leaving their candy for the Switch Witch. This was the first time I have heard of the Switch Witch. Apparently, the Switch Witch will take all, but a handful, of the kid's candy and leaves behind a gift. Andrew and Colin took the offer and both received small Lego sets. I've heard that the Switch Witch eats the candies after the kids go to bed.

Shelley and the kids made these pumpkin jars.

No comments: