Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Great quotes from the kids lately:

Andrew woke me up early Saturday morning. Here is what I recall of the conversation:

Andrew: Mom, Colin dropped the mouse (to the computer)!

Me: Is it broken?

Andrew: No, it just needs to be fixed.

Me: Oh, that is good it is not BROKEN!



Colin came into the kitchen today where I was preparing a frozen chicken for the crock-pot (a whole chicken).

Colin (wide-eyed): What is that?

Me: It is a chicken.

Colin: Is it our new pet?

Me: No, it is for dinner!

Colin: That is not the kind of chicken you eat!

This made me laugh because it was not until college that I learned they sold whole chickens for cooking. I really thought the only way to buy a chicken was to buy boneless/skinless chicken breasts. My roommate's boyfriend once bought an entire frozen chicken for her. We laughed at it for a good while. Then not knowing what else to do with it we strung it to the fan in our friends' apartment for a joke! At least Colin learned at age four how most of the world buys and cooks their poultry!


Another funny incident with Colin was when Gaby dropped some school papers outside our building, The police guard for our street came to the door and rang the bell to give me the papers. Colin and I answered the door and we were presented with the papers. This seemed very official to Colin. After I thanked the guard and shut the door, Colin asked me with very wide-eyes if the papers said we were going to have a baby!!! The poor kid thought that is how you were officially informed a baby would be on it's way! I told him it was a reminder that Gaby needs to bring cookies to the bake sale at school this weekend. He looked pretty disappointed! No, we are not having any more babies, especially any that are compliments of the Jordanian police!

No comments: