So then later today I told her she needed some "unplugged" time and she should find a book to read. She began to ask me what books I liked when I was a kid. Then she paused and with all sincerity asked me if there were books when I was a kid?! I told her we only had scrolls back then. Sad thing is, she believed me for a minute! Boy, how did I become so old! I still feel young, so that is all that matters, right?
On the same subject, I made the mistake of reading the book "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" to Gaby and Andrew. If you are familiar with this classic then you remember there is an older brother, Peter, and his obnoxious little three-year old brother Fudge. I honestly thought reading them this book about the naughty escapades of Fudge would make them feel their little brother Colin is not so bad. It had the opposite affect. Now all they do is tell me how much Colin is like Fudge! Gaby is constantly telling me I need to be stricter with Colin. She has taken it upon herself to become the mother I am not! What do you do? I now regret all the times I lectured my mother (being the oldest daughter as well). Sorry mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment