Monday, July 20, 2009

Trip to the Dead Sea for our 11th Anniversary

Alex surprised me and planned a trip to the Dead Sea for our anniversary last weekend. It works out well here that our church meetings are on Friday morning and then we have off Saturday as well. So we went to church where they had asked us to speak in the main meeting (we tried to "lay low" but when your congregation is small it is a little tricky!). Then I taught a children's primary class as a substitute, and the last meeting I was asked to teach a lesson in the women's meeting! Thank goodness our meetings are all shorter here, two hours total instead of the usual three hours. After church we all piled into a little hatch-back car Alex borrowed from our Embassy sponsors and we were off! The Dead Sea is only a half-hour drive from Amman. I can't believe how close it is to our house. I think we will be making lots of trips over the next few years! It was a great get-away. 11 years later! We got married on the hottest day of the year that summer. So it was appropriate that we went to the Dead Sea where it is also quite toasty! We only lasted in these clothes long enough for a few pictures and then we all lived in our bathing suites the rest of the weekend. It was my kind of get-a-way!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! 11 years, congratulations. It looks like you are enjoying your new adventure. I hope your adjustment time is smooth especially for the kids. :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while. I just spend 20 minutes reading all the updates. What an adventure. I want to visit and mud myself in the dead sea.