Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Colin Peter

Well, I thought I would write a little about our three year old Colin.   Our kids are always so fun and cute at age two, and then I'm not sure what happens when they turn three!  Watch out!  Colin has spent most of his life with Elizabeth by his side.  Now she is back in Mexico we are realizing how spoiled he was!  

He is a pretty independent guy, which is nice.  He dresses himself, usually in whatever I have chosen and then he puts his favorite shirts on top of that shirt (both of them).  His first favorite is a hand-me-down Las Vegas t-shirt that has skateboards on it.  Then his all time favorite is a soccer jersey from Guadalajara, which is fine except is says in big letters "BIMBO" across the front.  "Bimbo" is a large bread company in Mexico, like "Wonder" bread.  They are the sponsors of the Chivas soccer team.  So he walks around in his "bimbo" shirt most days.  Colin never had much hair until recently.  It has really come in and it is curly.  It is a little out of control, I try to gel it but by mid-morning it is a fro.  He likes to wear these funny white sunglasses (keep in mind Virginia is not a "sunny" state).  He reminds me of a 1980's Kirk Cameron!   And of course pants are always optional!

Hiding behind his door trying to avoid time-out!

The best thing about all the time Colin spent with Eli while I have been at Arabic classes is that he is an awesome housekeeping assistant!  He loves to clean.  I am not kidding, he LOVES it.  I am always putting away the windex cause he has been spraying some mirror or windows.  He asks me if we can clean the bathroom and when I tell him no, we cleaned it yesterday, he just proceeds without me.  My sister-in-law told me I should document it for his future spouse to see that he is very talented in this department!  Note - he is wearing favorite shirt #2.  

I finally found a friend for Colin.  YEAH!  He goes to our church and they have had a few play-dates.  It has been so great, he is better behaved with his buddy around and I can get something done (other than cleaning, he would be very offended if I did that without him)!


1 comment:

Amber said...

Too bad we dont still live near each other. Otherwise I would borrow Collin to get my bathrooms clean!!