Sunday, February 5, 2012

Car Show

Yesterday I took the kids to the D.C. Auto Show. Shelley stayed back at the house and got caught up on projects that are impossible to get done with a house full of needy children and a hyper husband.

When I worked at Gallup and did consulting work for automotive companies, I was surprised by how trendy models such as the Scion xB and Mini Cooper were popular among the younger age groups. We called these type of vehicles "college dorms on wheels." Gaby now seems be falling into this demographic. Her favorite vehicle was the Nissan Cube.

Colin's favorite car was a Chevy covered with graphics of soldiers, guns, helicopters, and patriotic images. If they would have had a Lego or Star Wars-themed vehicle it would have also been in the running.

Andrew's favorite car was a yellow, souped up Camaro that had Transformer hubcaps.

What impressed me was the come back that American car manufacturers have made. They have sharpened their image, become much more fuel efficient, and are serious competition for Toyota and Honda.

No comments: