Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fraudulent Teacher Remark?



For two years I worked issuing visas in Mexico. On a daily (almost hourly) basis, I encountered fraudulent documents and quickly learned how to detect them. Sometimes the alignment or font was slightly off. Other times, the serial number or the place of issuance was incorrect. Yet other times, the big picture did not make sense. For example, a 65 year-old grandmother would have a government-issued birth certificate for a one-year old child.



This training in the Consular Section made me suspicious of the homework (pictured above) Andrew brought home. It was immediately flagged. After a further interrogation at an undisclosed location and under the hot lights, Andrew admitted that the teacher's signature was not an original and that the smily face was perhaps forged.

1 comment:

Rita Merrick said...

Tell Andrew that I tried forging mom's signature once when I got a bad grade. The teacher believed it but mom, of course, recognized that the bubbly letters weren't hers. Tell him I can give him a lesson sometime. Thanks for the great weekend.