Last summer Shelley, along with her sister Natalie and nephew Matthew, took Andrew to Legoland in California. For Andrew it was the experience of a lifetime. For a kid that doesn't talk much, Andrew gets animated talking about all the lego creations and landscapes made out of legos he saw at Legoland.
Andrew spends hours in his room creating buildings, vehicles, and people from legos. He is protective of his lego creations. Perhaps that is because he doesn't want his room, which is orderly and organized, to look like his brother's room (shown below).

It will not come as a surprise that for Andrew's birthday, he wanted a lego-themed party. Shelley planned a birthday party around legos. She made chocolate legos to decorate cupcakes. She also organized several games, such as a contest to build the tallest tower, with the eight-year-olds boys who came to Andrew's birthday party.



At the American Community School, getting into the lego club is almost as tough as getting an invitation to a royal wedding. Andrew has been in the lego club at school the last two semesters. Since he has already far exceeded his lego-club term limit, Shelley found another way to get him in: he might have a better chance of being accepted if he were related to the Lego Club teacher. You can probably guess the rest of the story.

2 comments:
That looks like such a great party! Great job Shelley! How did you make the chocolate legos red? I am very impressed. River loves Legos so much too, too bad our boys live a million miles apart. It's good to see that your family is doing so well. I have been thinking about you guys with all that is going on over in that area- glad you are all safe. And I'm so happy I found your blog! You will now be bothered by constant comments from ME!
Oh boy, does this post sound familiar. The mess of legos...how I despise them. But the creativity and the hours of contentment they can bring to a boy who likes to build, well, there's the trade off. And both my boys are still bitter that they didn't get into the lego club at school. I think they need A and B clubs.
Post a Comment