After a few days in Wadi Rum we decided to go back to Tala Bay at the Red Sea to cool off and enjoy the beach. We were there with several other Embassy families who also wanted to get away for the weekend. The kids all love coming here, everyone is happy!


Andrew is definitely a California boy, he is happy at the beach and in the pool ALL day long. He spent hours catching hermit crabs and starfish.

Andrew and Gaby went down the water slide at least a hundred times each.

Our Colin is feeling much better these days. He has these huge cheeks from the steroids he is taking. He has chunked up a bit due to the meds he is taking. He had a great time at the pools as well, he got brave and was jumping in and going under the water finally!
3 comments:
Hi Hawkes family! I continue to follow your fun! What an experience your family is having! I miss you all terribly. I am still so thankful that you were dropped into my life, however short of a time. The impact you all have made is enormous!
Watching you grow, from afar!
Chris Fisher
A special shout-out to my Gabs!
That looks really fun! Just amazing...you should write a book like Dr. Seuss's "The Places you'll go" except call it "The Places We've Been"!
Hi Shelley! It has been so fun to read through your blog and see the great pictures of your family. Your blog brings back great memories for me of my study abroad trip to Israel and Jordan. Love the camel crossing the road.
I think I remember Natalie wearing that shirt. If not, it was one like it. I'm impressed you still fit in a shirt from high school! You look great by the way.
I'm glad Colin is doing better. The picture of his swollen belly is scary.
I am mighty jealous of the home delivery thing. At first, I thought it was going to be a post about giving birth at home--phew--it wasn't. I wish I could get a home delivery of a huge diet coke every day about 3:00 pm.
I'm looking forward to following your adventures on the other side of the world!
Post a Comment