Friday, September 11, 2009

A Close Substitute for the Beach




Almost on a daily basis, Colin asks to go to the beach. When we ask what he wants to do, he invariably says, "go to the beach." We haven't made it to Aqaba - the closest beach (four hours away), so I made made a sand box as a substitute. We had a group of six Egyptians haul and sift the sand to remove the rocks. The sand box has provided hours of entertainment for Colin and hours of peace and quiet for his mother.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm going to wrap all of my comments onto this one. First, I can't believe Gaby is 9! What a lovely PINK party! Next, Jerash looks so amazing! I would love to visit. Finally, sandboxes are worth their weight in gold for boys. You guys have the most interesting life!

Hanna said...

How cool to see the updates! Your kids are getting so big and are still as cute as ever. :)